Prevent Bedwetting with Ayurvedic Herbs and Some Useful Tips
‘Bedwetting’ means passing urine involuntary on bed while sleeping at night. This is common in children up to six to seven years of age. Boys are more prone to bedwetting than girls. Generally children after the age of three to four years learn how to control their bladder. However, some children continue bedwetting till they reach their teens, which embarrass them even to talk about it with the family, or friends.
Bedwetting can be due to urinary tract infection, defect in the urinary system, other abdominal problems, type-1 diabetes, and family history of bedwetting. Situations such as fear, timid, conflicts between parents, scolding from parents or other adults, feeling of insecurity, rivalry among peers, new school, new house, and change in seasons are some of the reasons that cause bedwetting.
Many parents are worried about their children’s habit of bedwetting and scold them; they should understand that scolding them will only worsen the problem. Given are some useful tips that can be easily tried at home.
- Never scold children for bedwetting or for other reasons at bed time.
- Discourage children the intake of fluids two hours before bedtime.
- Encourage the children to pass urine before they go to bed.
- Encourage the children to control the urine during daytime.
- Praise the children on the days they have not wet the bed.
- Make your children to go to bed on time.
- Allow the children to have adequate sleep every night.
- If the child is embarrassed about bedwetting, make him or her understand the cause.
- Create and develop confidence in children when they are facing some difficult situations.
- If the children are bedwetting due to some health problems, then consult an ayurvedic practitioner.
- If the children are having problems like worms in their stomach, then get them treated quickly.
- Avoid feeding spicy and oily food to the children. This can cause poor digestion.
- Avoid feeding them foods such as potatoes, grams, and foods that cause lot of gas in the stomach.
- Avoid giving them tea, coffee, and chocolate. This will disturb their sleep.
- Teach the children to have proper diet.
- Coriander is used as an Ayurvedic herb to reduce bedwetting.
- Parsley also is used in Ayurvedic treatment to help clear the urine from the bladder completely and allows the child have a good sleep.
There are several other Ayurvedic herbs that can cure bedwetting. However, it is better to consult an Ayurvedic practitioner who, after examining the child, can guide you properly on how to handle such a situation.
Copyright © 2011 AyurvedaHealthTips.com