Ayurvedic Treatment for Gout
Gout is a health condition where there is accumulation of uric acid crystals in the joints. This happens when there is problem in the protein metabolism and the uric acid from the kidneys is not excreted properly. Does an Ayurvedic treatment for gout exist? Yes it does.
Gout causes inflammation, pain, and itching in the joints. Excess intake of protein rich foods, alcohol, certain drugs, anemia, kidney disorders, diabetes, high blood pressure, obesity, stress, and hereditary conditions can increase the uric acid level in your body.
Gout is diagnosed through blood and urine tests. This disease is said to have no cure. However, with proper care and medicines, it can be controlled effectively. You can use Ayurvedic treatment for gout, however. Ayurvedic plants and remedies are better to control this disease. Also there are some methods that you should follow to prevent and treat gout.
- You should completely avoid taking protein-rich food especially which are high in purines. This is contained in food such as organ meats, fish, spinach and beans.
- Vegetarian diet will prevent and treat gout.
- You should avoid alcohol. Intake of alcohol can aggravate the problem.
- Drink plenty of water to expel the uric acid from your body.
- Fruits like fresh cherries, blueberries, and strawberries help in preventing and treating gout.
- Fruits like apple and bananas also help in reducing the level of uric acid in the body.
- Ice treatment is good for inflammation. Put some ice cubes in a plastic bag and place this on the affected area.
Boswellia: This herb provides soothing relief from joint aches. It helps in supporting the joints and reduces the inflammation. This herb is also beneficial in reducing the weight of the body.
Ashwagandha: This herb has anti-inflammatory properties. It is used to treat any kind of inflammation including the inflammation in the joint. This herb is very effective in reducing stress and helps in treating arthritis and gout. It improves the function of joints.
Amla: It is useful in treating metabolic disorders and gout. It is rich in vitamin C and eating this daily helps in treating gout. It also helps in treating anemia and diabetes.
Lemon: This also has rich source of vitamin C that helps in reducing the level of uric acid in the body. Drinking lemon juice daily helps in treating gout.
Neem: This herb is very useful in purifying the blood. It also has a unique property that helps in treating gout.
Alfalfa: Its leaves are very effective in treating gout. It has certain minerals that help in reducing uric acid.
With the help of these Ayurvedic plants and by avoiding certain foods that increases the level of uric acid, gout can be treated effectively without any side effects. Be sure to consult a doctor or an Ayurveda practitioner if you want to use Ayurvedic treatment for gout.
Copyright © AyurvedaHealthTips.com