Ayurvedic Herbs and Home Remedies for Fair Complexion
Many people, mostly women, spend a large sum of money in beauty parlors to look beautiful. Few lucky ones are born with fair complexion and healthy skin, while others take on the help of cosmetic surgeries, cosmetic products, and the likes to look fair.
There are certain factors that make your skin dull. The problem can worsen with acne and dark pigmentation. If you are really bothered about your skin, then the instructions below should be followed at home before you decide to take a trip to a cosmetologist for help.
1. Drink eight glasses of water daily. Dehydration can make your skin dull and wrinkles appear faster. The more you drink water, the better it will be for your skin.
2. Eat nutritious food and have proper diet.
3. Avoid spicy, oily, and fatty food.
4. Avoid long and direct exposure to sun. The UV rays of the sun can cause your skin to look darker and duller.
5. Maintain proper hygiene. Avoid sleeping with makeup on your face. Before going to bed wash your face with a mild soap and apply a good moisturizer.
6. Have good amount of sleep every night. Lack of sleep can bring dark circles around your eyes that can make your face look dull.
7. Practice regular exercise, yoga and meditation to bring down the stress and depression level.
There are several Ayurvedic herbs and home remedies that will fetch you a spotless fair complexioned skin. You don’t have to spend long hours for beauty treatments and making a hole in your pocket.
Try these tips to save money:
# Instead of soap, clean your skin with the use of powdered green gram flour daily. This will give you smooth glowing skin.
# Aloe Vera is a good Ayurvedic herb that helps in nourishing your skin. Use the gel of this herb to get a glowing skin.
# Mix a paste of sandalwood, Fuller’s Earth, and chickpea flour, and then apply it on your face. Wash it off after it dries. You will surely notice the difference.
# Saffron is a good skin cleanser and acts effectively on pimples. Mix a few strands of saffron in a cup of raw milk and leave it overnight. Next morning, apply this mixture on your skin and wash it off after an hour.
# Turmeric is used as a good antiseptic in Ayurvedic medicine. It also improves the complexion. Mix turmeric, chickpea flour, sandalwood, lime juice and honey and apply this on your skin. Wash it off after 15 minutes for fair skin.
# Apply the mixture of a few drops of lemon juice and honey on your face, and wash it off after 15 minutes. When you do this daily your skin, complexion starts becoming lighter.
# The pulp of papaya is a good antioxidant and can be applied on the face for fair complexion. You can also rub orange rind on your face.
You should seek help from a good Ayurvedic practitioner if you are having serious skin problems. There are many Ayurvedic herbs that can treat various skin related problems.
Copyright © 2011 AyurvedaHealthTips.com