Ayurveda Related Terms
Cheerfulness is the best promoter of health and is as friendly to the mind as to the body. ~ Joseph Addison
A man too busy to take care of his health is like a mechanic too busy to take care of his tools. ~ Spanish Proverb
1. characterized by excessive piousness or moralistic fervor, especially in an affected manner; excessively smooth, suave, or smug.
2. of the nature of or characteristic of an unguent or ointment; oily; greasy.
3. having an oily or soapy feel, as certain minerals.
3. the upper regions of space; the clear sky; the heavens.
4. the medium supposed by the ancients to fill the upper regions of space.
5. Physics . a hypothetical substance supposed to occupy all space, postulated to account for the propagation of electromagnetic radiation through space.
1. Medicine/Medical . contracting; constrictive; styptic.
2. harshly biting; caustic: his astringent criticism.
3. stern or severe; austere.
4. sharply incisive; pungent: astringent wit.
5. Medicine/Medical . a substance that contracts the tissues or canals of the body, thereby diminishing discharges, as of mucus or blood.
6. a cosmetic that cleans the skin and constricts the pores.
2, 3. sharp, harsh, rigorous.
Copyright © AyurvedaHealthTips.com