Ayurveda Related Term: Astringent
1. Medicine/Medical . contracting; constrictive; styptic.
2. harshly biting; caustic: his astringent criticism.
3. stern or severe; austere.
5. Medicine/Medical . a substance that contracts the tissues or canals of the body, thereby diminishing discharges, as of mucus or blood.
6. a cosmetic that cleans the skin and constricts the pores.
1535–45; < Latin astringent- (stem of astringēns ) present participle of astringere to astringe —Related forms as·trin·gen·cy, noun as·trin·gent·ly, adverb non·as·trin·gen·cy, noun non·as·trin·gent, adjective non·as·trin·gent·ly, adverb Source
Copyright © AyurvedaHealthTips.com